Sunday, March 31, 2013

Confessions of a Gardener Pack Rat



I guess I finally have to admit that I’m a garden pack rack, or perhaps to be PC I should call myself a garden tool hoarder.
I’m a portable gardener, besides our gardens at home; I garden at a couple of other locations. I have to tote all of the necessary tools and equipment to the various gardens. I do this by means of a canvas riggers bag as well as the gardener’s briefcase a 5 gallon plastic bucket.

The other day while fighting off a case of severe cabin fever I decided to go out to the garage and clean out and organize my garden totes.

What I found was embarrassing to say the least. Do I really need 5 pairs of scissors, 6 screwdrivers, 6 knives of various sizes, 5 trowels, 4 spools of garden twine, 3 pairs hand pruners, 3 tape measures, a pair of channel locks plus 2 other pairs of pliers and an assortment of hose repair fittings.

In my defense over a 7 or 8 month gardening season it’s easy to accumulate “garden stuff”. You keep adding for various tasks while it seems like nothing is ever removed.

My garden totes are many pounds lighter today, and I pledge to keep them that way (yeah right) for the duration of the 2013 gardening season.

No comments:

Post a Comment