Saturday, March 23, 2013



Welcome to Garden Guy's Blog

My name is Paul Rodman, the Garden Guy, and this is my blog.

 I’m a gardener and I will be sharing my gardening experiences as well as tips on gardening and home food preserving.

I’m an advanced Master Gardener with over 5500 volunteer hours in the Master Gardener program. I’m President Emeritus of the Master Gardener Association of Western Wayne County Michigan and presently serve as co-chair of the Wayne County Extension greenhouse.

April 1st marks the ninth anniversary since I became the garden columnist for the News Herald newspaper in Southgate, Michigan. The column its called Dig It in which I share gardening news and answer questions from gardeners throughout Wayne County. The News Herald also sponsors a spring and fall plant exchange in which local gardeners get together to trade plants. The M’s Master Gardener Association also conducts an heirloom tomato sale at the spring event.

I also write gardening articles for Dave’s Garden.com on a variety of subjects.

Stay tuned as we are coming into the peak gardening season in Southeast Michigan, I’ll have a lot of information to share with you.

March 23, 2013.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your blog. I love to play in the dirt too. I also preserve foods.

    ReplyDelete